We give personalised support to each family through a one-to-one connection. We help with the big things like emotional, social and practical support. But also the little things they have probably never even thought about.
Below are just some of the ways we support families while they're going through an incredibly stressful time:
- A dedicated Family Support Coordinator to provide strength in times of doubt, comfort in times of sadness and celebrate times of joy
- Wellbeing Packs that contain items to support parents wellbeing
- Travel Assistance for the cumulative parking, petrol and travel costs for hospital visits
- Holiday Homes in Taupo and Arrowtown - allowing families to enjoy a break and create new precious memories
- Personal Development Grants for children with cancer, their siblings or parents
- Household Support with essential living costs that families may struggle with during this difficult time
- Support in the Community such as camps, events and activities for children and their families
- Family Places in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin, all within walking distance of the local hospital
Read more on these services
Child Cancer Research
The Child Cancer Foundation Challenge Research fund has been supporting local child cancer research since 1999. Child Cancer Foundation also provides grants to Health Professionals to attend relevant medical conferences, receive training and further their medical education. Read more
Precision Paediatric Cancer Project (PPCP) partnership
The Precision Paediatric Cancer Project (PPCP) is a New Zealand-first clinical trial jointly funded by Child Cancer Foundation and Cure Kids. The PPCP will use a new diagnostic test called Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) to identify the genetic mutations causing cancer in the children who participate in the trial. If specific mutations are identified, this information will be used to treat the child’s cancer in the most targeted way possible. Read more
Our support is powered by you.